Update (06/08/08) : Important Change in Parking at MBHS Sports Complex
City and school system officials have agreed that, effective immediately, no parking
is allowed on the curb on either side of the access road that runs from I-459 between
the varsity baseball field and field 1 to the parking lot near the gymnastics center.
This is necessary to insure access for emergency vehicles that might need to reach the
sports complex fields or the gymnastics center and to provide safer vehicular and pedestrian
traffic in that area.
Ample parking is provided in the vicinity of these areas without parking occurring along
the curb. Your cooperation is very much appreciated in making this area safer for the
many children and adults who use it for a variety of school and youth athletic activities.
Baseball Complex Traffic and Parking- MAJOR Changes After Spring Break
Due to the start of major construction projects all over the MBHS campus, the following parking and access changes will take place during Spring Break.
Parking will be scarce and hard to find and what is available will be further away from the fields than we are all used to. Here is the game plan:
- Many parts of campus will now be Construction Zones so please travel extra slowly, be especially aware of people walking in traffic, follow the information signs and most of all be extra patient.
- Since coaches will be carrying equipment to games and practices, please help keep the parking lot in front of the Gymnastics Center available for coaches and those with access challenges who need to be closer to the fields (handicap and elderly).
- Please notify all your families that the best options for parking will be 1) The main high school lot in front of the school and use the temporary path that will be identified and fenced near the upper soccer field and will give access to the existing stairs or 2) Access the complex from Overton Road and 459 to the temporary lot that was created last year below Field #1 where some of the school buses now park (near the Gymnastics Center).
- Please do NOT drop off/pick up any players in the front parking lot. If players are dropped off/picked up, please only do so at the walkway nearest the Gymnastics Center
- All families should expect delays and should plan on at least an extra 15 minutes to get to the fields for games or practices because of the extra walking distance from the front lot or because of the extra travel distance to access the lower lot from Overton Road/459. Parking spaces will also be in higher demand especially during other events on campus so please bring an extra dose of patience to the complex during this period of growth and expansion this spring.